Sunday, July 29, 2012

Clothing Saga II: A Wardrobe

Matthew 6:30 (NIV)
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you?  You of little faith!


I've written before about how God gave me back a sweater I'd asked for.  I will now tell you of how God answered a larger prayer: I asked him for a wardrobe.
Yes, I told God one day, as an adult, "God, I just wish you'd give me a new wardrobe."
Yes, I know that I am an American, I live like a king compared to others.  I've been to the Philippines and South Korea.  I've seen people here in the states who pray for food every day.
But I asked God for that.  And he delivered.
Within a week, a coworker came over to me and asked me, "What size are you?"
I was a little offended.  But then I told her.
"I've got something for you," she said.
She brought a white garbage bag full of clothing over to my desk.  There were at least six pairs of pants and at least that many shirts.
God said: Is this sufficient?
I told God, "Yes, I know... Your grace is sufficient for me.  I wish I could wear that.  It's a lot more trendy than these clothes."
God said: You already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may leave comments but please be courteous or your posts will be removed.