Sunday, September 23, 2012

Prayer To Save A Marriage

One night a few years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with the thought that I needed to pray for a friend's marriage.  I had this very strange vision of what could have been a camera zooming in on one spouse shouting into the camera that they did not want to be married to their spouse anymore.  It was so strange because I didn't think that they were having any marriage troubles.  So I prayed until the image of the spouse shouting at the camera faded.  I fell asleep.  As with all visions and strange nightly wakings, I hoped to myself that I was not crazy and that it was truly God.  I didn't think much about it after.
About a year or so after this incident, one spouse shared with me the fact that the other had left without intention of returning (or at least the mention of it).  They ended up returning stating that God had convicted them, and the couple is still married today.  The timing was crazily about the time I had woken up in the middle of the night to pray!
While it seems weird to our Western minds, I am so thankful that God trusted me enough to wake me up to pray for my friend.  It makes me wonder how many times God has woken up someone else with thoughts of me.  It also makes me wonder how many other people God tried to wake up to pray, such as if he tried to wake up others and they dismissed it as eating pizza too close to bedtime.
I challenge those that read this to be available to God... you never know what is at stake.  I challenge you to be able to answer like Samuel:
1 Samuel 3:4... the LORD called Samuel; and he said, "Here I am." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may leave comments but please be courteous or your posts will be removed.